Cable Ladder, Wire Mesh Cable Tray and Fiber Routing Systems Organize and Protect Cables
Chicago, IL (August 11, 2020)—Tripp Lite, a global manufacturer of power protection and connectivity solutions, makes it easy to reduce cable clutter in data centers, server rooms and other IT environments.
Tripp Lite offers three cable management systems to guide cables to and from IT racks. Each system is designed to organize and protect particular types of cables. System components, such as straight sections, bends and ramps, are sold separately to enable customization. Due to the variety of data and power cables connected to rack-mounted equipment, data center installations usually require more than one type of system.
- Cable Ladder System—Typically used for larger diameter cabling, including thick power cables and high-to-medium volume cable bundles.
- Wire Mesh Cable Tray System—Commonly used for mid-weight applications where high visibility and identification are required; accommodates copper network cables, A/V cables and lightweight cables/cable bundles.
- Fiber Routing System—Designed to protect fiber optic network cables from unintentional crimping or bending; separates fiber cable from less sensitive networking cables.
"Cable management is essential to maintaining efficiency in high-density IT environments," said Craig Watkins, Director of Product Management, Enclosures. "Orderly routing makes connections easier to identify, which in turn makes repairs, maintenance and equipment changes faster. It is also an effective way to protect cables from damage that can cause unexpected downtime."
Key Benefits of Tripp Lite's Cable Management Systems
- Reduced cable clutter
- Improved access to rack equipment
- Easier identification of cables and connections
- Protection for cables from improper bending
- Ability to accommodate data center expansion