Mediasite Events to webcast select sessions and training at InfoComm 2012 in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nev., InfoComm Booth #C9141 — June 13, 2012 — Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted market leader for lecture capture, enterprise and event webcasting, today announced as part of its annual partnership with InfoComm International, the company’s Mediasite platform will be used to webcast InfoComm 2012 this week in addition to several other InfoComm events throughout the year.
InfoComm 2012, which takes place June 9 to 15, is the largest and most comprehensive pro-AV event in the world with more than 34,000 AV professionals from over 90 countries and more than 925 exhibitors attending. The industry convenes at InfoComm every year to learn about what’s next in AV and information communications and showcase over 10,000 products and applications, the largest collection of newly released AV products found anywhere in the world.
Mediasite will be used to webcast select InfoComm Manufacturers’ Training Sessions, the keynote on Tuesday, June 12 and the Conferencing Pavilion Education Stage June 13 to 14. These on-demand webcasts will help attendees earn Renewal Units and provide access for those who don’t have time during the show to attend educational sessions.
While this is the biggest annual event for InfoComm International, a nonprofit association serving the professional AV communications industry worldwide, the association also hosts roundtables and conferences throughout the year for industry leaders. Mediasite Events is webcasting several meetings in 2012 to support InfoComm’s goal of bringing its educational programs to new online audiences, including:
• Regional roundtables: These smaller gatherings bring senior level AV professionals together to learn more about industry opportunities, challenges and trends while networking. So far five have been recorded and six more are scheduled for later this year.
• InfoComm’s Power of AV for Education: This series targets technology managers and educators. InfoComm hosted two of three events on February 16 in Washington D.C. and April 11 in Boston, Massachusetts. The remaining event occurs in Anaheim, California on October 16.
• InfoComm’s Power of AV for Meeting Planners: This series offers training and insight on audiovisual design and best practices specifically for meetings professionals. InfoComm hosted the first of three events this year on March 23 in Atlanta, Georgia. The remaining events occur in Las Vegas, Nevada on June 13 and Ottawa, Canada August 15.
• InfoComm Live 2012: Held March 15 and 16 in Washington D.C., this was InfoComm’s first year producing this gathering of audiovisual industry leaders from the rental, staging and live events market. Sonic Foundry recorded four sessions.
• InfoComm 100 Conference: Held in the fall, this invitation-only event is an annual two-day meeting for industry leaders to discuss the AV industry and the challenges and opportunities of the future.
“InfoComm 2012 is the premier event for AV communications professionals worldwide to share ideas and learn about new technologies and products. Our partnership with Sonic Foundry allows AV professionals from around the globe who aren’t able to attend the conference in Las Vegas to watch the webcasts regardless of time and location. Through the power of Mediasite the knowledge shared at the conference will be viewed by a much larger audience,” said Randal A. Lemke, Ph.D., Executive Director and CEO, InfoComm International.
“The most influential thinkers in the presentation industry join together for these InfoComm events, and it’s important to record and archive that knowledge via Mediasite for future reference and reach,” said Rob Lipps, executive vice president of Sonic Foundry. “We are honored to continue our partnership with InfoComm International and excited to work with them to maximize the value of offering their professional events to larger audiences online.”
About InfoComm International
InfoComm International is the leading nonprofit association serving the professional AV communications industry worldwide. Founded in 1939, the association offers industry expertise and market research serving press and others seeking information about the industry.
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (NASDAQ: SOFO, www.sonicfoundry.com) is the trusted market leader for enterprise webcasting and lecture capture, providing video communication solutions for education, business and government. Powered by the patented Mediasite webcasting platform and Mediasite Events group, the company empowers people to transform the way they communicate online, using video webcasts to bridge time and distance, accelerate research and improve performance. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you