MADISON, Wis. - October 14, 2009 - Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the recognized market leader for rich media webcasting and knowledge management, today announced the availability of Mediasite 5.2, the latest release of the company's webcasting and lecture capture platform.
Mediasite 5.2 introduces several new features that enable enterprise and higher education customers to record and deliver multimedia presentations more efficiently than ever before. As webcasting frequency and volume increases, the new Mediasite Recorder Control Center maximizes the ability to remotely control and monitor multiple simultaneous recordings. From a single online control dashboard, webcast professionals, recorder operators and event producers can:
- Simultaneously track the status and recording activity for any number of Mediasite Recorders
- Watch confidence monitors for each recorder's audio, video and image signals
- Start, stop or pause any recording and control slide advance functions
- Access each recorder's web interface to remotely control any recorder functions
- Check the connected input devices for any recorder
"Mediasite is already a platform that matches the scale of lecture capture at the Fox School of Business. With the addition of the Recorder Control Center, the ability to visually monitor and manage all 37 of our classrooms in real time will further increase the level of service we can provide our faculty and students via Mediasite," said John DeAngelo, former associate dean and current IT consultant to the Fox School of Business at Temple University.
"The new Recorder Control Center within Mediasite 5.2 represents a significant enhancement for enterprise customers," said Ira Weinstein, senior analyst and partner at Wainhouse Research. "The ability to remotely monitor and manage multiple capture devices quickly and easily via a single screen is both powerful and efficient. This is especially critical in fast-paced production environments like busy universities, multi-track conferences and road-shows. I expect this feature will help pave the way for larger, more geographically dispersed deployments in the future."
Also included in 5.2:
- The ability to create a Mediasite presentation by uploading video captured with other software or devices, fully leveraging Mediasite's management capabilities to archive the new content in Mediasite Catalogs, track viewing activity and secure it for authorized access.
- Keyword search in captioned presentations enables viewers to search by keywords, click on a search result and play the presentation from that point, making navigation more efficient.
- New authoring statistics report shows an aggregate view of content authored across all presenters, allowing organizations or individuals to see trends that highlight most frequent or prolific presenters.
"The Mediasite community trusts us to create solutions that consistently improve their workflow in capturing and managing online knowledge. With Mediasite 5.2, particularly with the Recorder Control Center, we continue our legacy of providing a reliable, scalable platform that supports the growing webcasting and lecture capture initiatives in today's corporate enterprise and modern campus," said Rimas Buinevicius, chairman and CEO of Sonic Foundry.
To learn more visit www.sonicfoundry.com/52.
About Sonic Foundry ®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (NASDAQ: SOFO, www.sonicfoundry.com) is the global leader for rich media webcasting and knowledge management, providing enterprise communication solutions for more than 1,500 customers in education, business and government. Powered by Mediasite, the patented webcasting platform which automates the capture, management, delivery and search of lectures, online training and briefings, Sonic Foundry empowers people to transform the way they communicate. Through the Mediasite platform and its Events Services group, the company helps customers connect a dynamic, evolving world of shared knowledge and envisions a future where learners and workers around the globe use webcasting to bridge time and distance, accelerate research and improve performance. Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of Sonic Foundry, Inc. or their respective owners.