With a brightness of 3500 lumens, the NP610 creates brilliant images in higher ambient lighting conditions. With full connectivity (DVI-I, VGA, 3 audio inputs and variable audio out), integration into classrooms is a breeze. The NP610 provides integrated RJ45 connection and remote diagnostics, which enable the administrator to monitor and make adjustments to the projector via the network from a remote location. Its virtual remote technology allows communication over the VGA cable to control the projector directly from a computer, without the need for additional control cables. These features save time for IT staff and simplify the process of maintaining preferred settings.
Additionally, the NP610 allows users to maintain significant cost savings. The projector's filter requires less maintenance and provides up to three times the existing filter life compared to previous NEC projector filters. The carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating in ECO ModeTM, which is encouraged by an optional message upon the unit's startup.
"The NP610 is an ideal entry-level installation projector that offers all the features our customers need to succeed in connecting with their audience," said Rich McPherson, Product Manager for projectors at NEC Display Solutions. "From increased brightness and color-enhancing technologies to environmentally-favorable specifications, this projector meets the standard criteria required for integration projects."
A partial list of features for the NP610 includes:
- Brightness of 3500 lumens
- Native resolution of 1024 x 768 XGA
- Contrast ratio of 500:1
- Low power consumption of 312W Normal / 237W ECO Mode / 0.6W Standby
- Up to 5000 hours of lamp life (in ECO Mode)
- Comprehensive input panel, which includes DVI-I with HDCP, 15-pin, RCA and S-Video
- Built-in closed captioning, which enables decoding and text display from a video
- Variable audio-out, where the remote control can be used to adjust the volume of self-powered external speakers that are connected to the projector
- AutoSenseTM, which intuitively syncs the projector with most computer signals and features one-touch image optimization
- Automatic keystone correction technology, which instantly projects a square image even when the projector is set up at a steep offset angle to the screen
- Built-in wall color correction preset, which provides adaptive color tone correction to display images properly on non-white surfaces
- 7-watt speaker
The new NP610 will begin shipping in November 2009 with an estimated street price of $1499. The projector ships with a standard two-year parts and labor warranty, including the first year with InstaCareTM (repair and return in three business days or next business day exchange).