CHICAGO - September 2, 2009 - NEC Display Solutions of America , a leading stand-alone provider of commercial LCD displays and projectors , announced today the NP310, NP410, NP410W, NP510 and NP510W portable projectors, successors to the previous-generation NP Portable Series. These new products are equipped with a rich set of green features that aim to minimize total cost of ownership and are targeted for education and corporate users.
With up to 5000 hours of lamp life, NP Portable Series projectors benefit from extended lifecycles. The projectors' new filter requires less maintenance and allows up to three times the existing filter life. Additionally, their carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating in ECO ModeTM, which is encouraged by an optional message upon the units' startup. The remote control includes an ECO Mode button, making the switch between settings easy for any user.
“By including new features in the next generation NP Portable Series, we're able to increase the usability for our customers and enhance their cost savings,” said Rich McPherson, Product Manager for projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “These five new projectors offer improved total cost of ownership with a variety of eco-conscious technologies, as they were created with the environment in mind. Business and education users will favor those advanced features, not only for their long-term impact but also for their functionality in the present.”
A partial list of features of the NP Portable Series includes:
- Native resolution of 1024x768 XGA for NP310/410/510 and 1280 x 800 WXGA for NP410W/510W
- Contrast ratio of 2000:1 for NP310/410, 450:1 for NP410W and 500:1 for NP510/510W
- Up to 3000 lumens
- Power consumption of only 312W
- Up to 5000 hours of lamp life (in ECO Mode)
- Low power consumption (0.6W in stand-by mode), which minimizes energy costs
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
- Green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch between settings easy
- Comprehensive input panel, which includes DVI-I w/ HDCP, RCA, s-video and 15-pin
- Integrated RJ45 connection, which enables quick and easy LAN connection
- Remote diagnostics, which enable the administrator to monitor and make adjustments to the projector via the network from a remote location
- Quick start (3-4 seconds) and shutdown, which allow for immediate use and power off function without the need for a cooling period
- 7-watt speaker
The new NP Portable Series will begin shipping in September 2009 with an estimated street price of $699 for NP310, $799 for NP410, $899 for NP410W and NP510, and $999 for NP510W. The projectors ship with a standard two-year parts and labor warranty, including the first year with InstaCare™ (repair and return in three business days or next business day exchange).
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD displays, professional-grade, large-screen LCD and plasma displays, a diverse line of projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, professional, education, medical and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the Web site at www.necdisplay.com.