Provides a multi-input, auto-switching interface and controller for 4K HDMI® and DisplayPort sources as part of a complete DigitalMedia™ System. Supports 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR video signals. Connects to the DM 8G+® input of a DM® Switcher or Receiver via a single CATx cable. Includes IR, RS-232, and Ethernet control ports, and USB HID device and host signal extension ports. Compatible with HDBaseT® and Crestron Connect It™.
The DM-TX-4KZ-302-C provides a versatile interface for ultra high-definition AV and computer sources as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It functions as a DM 8G+® transmitter and switcher with HDMI® and DisplayPort inputs. It also functions as a control module, providing RS-232 and IR control ports, plus Ethernet and USB HID ports for a total connectivity solution.
Its low-profile, surface-mountable design makes the DM-TX-4KZ-302-C ideal for installation beneath a conference table, inside a lectern or equipment rack, or at virtually any other location in a boardroom, classroom, auditorium, or residence. It connects to the head end or display location using a single CAT type twisted pair cable. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT®, which allows it to be connected directly to the input of an HDBaseT certified display device.
4K60 4:4:4 & HDR Support
Crestron DigitalMedia (DM®) was the world’s first AV signal distribution solution to deliver end-to-end 4K signal management for large-scale commercial and residential applications. DM “4KZ” endpoints and cards enable new and existing DM systems to handle full 4K60 4:4:4 video signals, as well as HDR video signals (HDR10), without having to replace any wiring or switchers. Any Crestron DM system that supports 4K can be upgraded to handle 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR by simply installing DM 4KZ based transmitters, receivers, and I/O cards.
DM 4KZ technology employs VESA® Display Stream Compression (DSC) to enhance the capabilities of DigitalMedia to handle the extreme bandwidth requirement of resolutions beyond 4K30 4:4:4 and 4K60 4:2:0. DSC is a lightweight, line-based 2:1 compression standard that delivers visually lossless performance for 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR signals. DSC is applied only to 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR input signals. All other signals are transported uncompressed.
- DigitalMedia 8G+® transmitter and multimedia interface
- Built-in 3x1 auto-switcher with two HDMI® inputs and one DisplayPort input
- Connects to a DM® switcher or receiver over a single CAT type twisted pair cable
- HDBaseT® compatible - enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Local HDMI output (DVI compatible)
- Handles UHD and 4K video resolutions up to 4K60 4:4:4
- Handles HDR (high dynamic range) video (HDR10)
- Handles 3D video and deep color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Supports cable lengths up to 330ft (100m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM Ultra cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330ft (100m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- Supports cable lengths up to 230ft (70m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable, or 165ft (50m) using CAT5e
- Detects and reports detailed video and audio input information
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- QuickSwitch HD™ manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, RS-232, and Ethernet
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local keyboard/mouse or computer
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Compatible with Crestron Connect It™ cable caddies
- Quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Low-profile surface-mount design
- Powered via the DM connection or local power pack (included)